Energy Conservation Kit - FREE
This offer is for all residential account customers served by Ohio Edison (Toledo Edison and Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company). Customers will receive the following Energy Conservation Kit at "no additional cost". Expenses for the kit are paid for through Senate Bill 221 requirements. No additional costs or handling fees will be charged to customers who request the kits.
Ohio Edison residential customers are eligible to receive an Energy Conservation Kit with:
• 4 – 60 watt equivalent CFLs
• 3 – 100 watt equivalent CFLs
• 2 – 75 watt equivalent CFLs
• 2 LED night lights
• 1 smart strip (I typically would not get excited about a power strip but I find this one to be very beneficial as the power strip has the ability to shut off other equipment when the master equipment is not in use)
How to Enroll
• Customers can sign up to receive their Energy Conservation Kit by enrolling online at www.ohioenergykit.com. or by calling our vendor, PowerDirect, at 1-888-866-3201
Customer must have their 12 digit Ohio Edison account number in order to order.
What do you mean when you say I can receive an Energy Conservation Kit at "no additional cost?"
Offering kits is one of our Ohio energy efficiency programs. You will not be charged separately if you receive this Energy Conservation Kit. But please know that the costs related to our energy efficiency programs are reflected in all customers’ bills − just as the cost of utility poles, transformers, wires and bucket trucks are included in customer bills.
Customers can also obtain additional energy efficiency and rebate program information by visiting our website at www.energysaveOhio.com
Reducing electricity use by installing energy efficiency measures saves money and energy, and helps to delay the need to build costly new
power plants. Customers can request a kit filled with energy saving measures for their home.