In April, public health nurses from the Lorain General Health District will be at the following locations to answer questions and provide information about preventing falls. These no-cost sessions are for all Lorain County adults ages 55+. A different health focus will be covered each month.
April adult health wellness sessions are at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, and 2:00 PM at:
• Oberlin Neighborhood Alliance Senior Enrichment, 90 E. College St., Oberlin, on April 3 and 17
• Sheffield Twp. Church of Christ, 5075 Toledo Rd., Lorain on April 5
• Wellington Fire Station #2, 202 Kelly St., Wellington on April 6 and 20
• Old Stone Church, 553 S. Main St., Amherst on April 7 and 21
• Sugar Ridge Baptist Church, 36600 Sugar Ridge Rd., N. Ridgeville on April 12
• Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon on April 13 and 28
• Sheffield Lake Community Ctr, 4575 E. Lake Rd., Sheffield Lake (9 AM and 11 AM only) on April 18
• N. Eaton Christian Church, 35895 E. Royalton Rd., Grafton on April 24.
Call 440.567.4120 for additional information. additional information
The City of Lorain has established a Snow and Ice Control Procedures manual for use by city employees. This manual will establish the City's policy and level of service in respect to the management of snow or ice and maintenance of its road system during winter months. It is also meant to inform the citizens of Lorain on how the City will handle snow occurrences. The manual is attached for your review and reference. Also attached for your information is a list of streets we salt. additional information