With the transition to the new automated trash service, the City of Lorain and Republic Services has reviewed some of the most Frequently Asked Question and provided answers to those questions. Please click here to see the FAQs
. We appreciate everyone's patience as we transition to this new service. full story
During the week of March 27th, Republic Services sent a mailer to explain the upcoming changes to trash service in the City of Lorain. In case you didn't see the mailer or need another one, the mailer has been attached to this announcement. Any questions regarding trash service should be directed to Republic Services at 1-800-433-1309. additional information
In April, public health nurses from the Lorain General Health District will be at the following locations to answer questions and provide information about preventing falls. These no-cost sessions are for all Lorain County adults ages 55+. A different health focus will be covered each month.
April adult health wellness sessions are at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, and 2:00 PM at:
• Oberlin Neighborhood Alliance Senior Enrichment, 90 E. College St., Oberlin, on April 3 and 17
• Sheffield Twp. Church of Christ, 5075 Toledo Rd., Lorain on April 5
• Wellington Fire Station #2, 202 Kelly St., Wellington on April 6 and 20
• Old Stone Church, 553 S. Main St., Amherst on April 7 and 21
• Sugar Ridge Baptist Church, 36600 Sugar Ridge Rd., N. Ridgeville on April 12
• Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon on April 13 and 28
• Sheffield Lake Community Ctr, 4575 E. Lake Rd., Sheffield Lake (9 AM and 11 AM only) on April 18
• N. Eaton Christian Church, 35895 E. Royalton Rd., Grafton on April 24.
Call 440.567.4120 for additional information. additional information
The Department of Building, Housing & Planning Accepts Credit Cards.
Attention City of Lorain Residents and Customers, full story